BASE Youth Club
- Informal space for socialising, relaxing and meeting friends
- Spaces for group and individual study, as well as to meet BASE mentors
- A media room incorporating music and film facilities
- Flexible spaces for advice and support workshops
- A kitchen area for cooking sessions
- Direct access to the community hall and library ICT facilities
The community hall within the building has been designed to accommodate a range of activities – including dance and fitness classes, community events and meetings. It can be sub-divided and accommodates up to 120 seated people. With this, it features its own welfare and storage facilities allowing it to operate independently.
The hall is accessible directly from the library as well as via a dedicated entrance at the building’s southern end, enabling the hall be used independently, outside of the library’s opening hours. This additional entrance is located on the route from Alton East and helps to creates activity on all sides of the building, not only the main frontage on the Village Square.